A couple weeks ago I was poking around the fridge and freezer hunting for my next meal. I found some salmon. It’s way easier catching them in the freezer than in a river, let me assure you. I didn’t want just broiled salmon, though. So I dug through some more things until I came up with the following recipe.
- several garlic cloves (I like lots of garlic)
- about a tablespoon of EVOO
- Salmon steak(s)
- Put the garlic, rosemary, oregano, and EVOO in a food processor and chop until very fine. Eventually your blade won’t cut anymore, and that’s when it’s done.
- Spread the mixture over the salmon fillet, not forgetting the nooks you may find
- Lightly sprinkle sea salt on top for a bit of extra flavor
- Broil on low about 10 minutes or until the fish flakes with a fork. You could also bake it at 350 for a bit longer.
I don’t really cook salmon much, so I didn’t know how long to cook it. I just kept checking it until it was done. But it came out quite delicious…