I saw this recipe in the recipe thread of the 4HB talk forums. I was intrigued, but I had NO idea how good it was going to be. It was so delicious I had to feature it here. I’ve modified Matt’s recipe only slightly. You can see his original at the thread.
- 1 head cauliflower (or a bag of frozen)
- 2 tablespoons garam masala (or your favorite curry powder)
- 1 pinch cayenne or other hot spice
- 2-3 tablespoons EVOO
- salt and pepper
- Break down the cauliflower into florets and put in a roasting pan and drizzle with oil and salt and pepper. Mix to coat oil on florets
- Sprinkle curry power. Mix to coat curry power
- Cover the roasting pan with foil and place in a 400 degree over for 10 minutes until the steam begins to soften.
- Remove the foil and continue to roast for 10-15 minutes till golden and beginning to char
I can’t even begin to describe to you how delicious this is. It’s become a weekly staple. I’ll probably start making it in batches soon. I had to reduce the amount of oil because I was eating it like popcorn and I didn’t want to ingest that much oil in one sitting.
This is probably also really really tasty with broccoli. The next time I make it, I’ll probably do both at once. I love how the seasonings almost make it taste like bread crumbs.
What are your favorite veggie recipes? How about a favorite cauliflower recipe? Share it in the comments!