I’ve noticed that most of my recipes are of the Asian bent. I’ve got a couple Mexican types too. I figured it was time for semi-Italian. I gotta keep things jumping around here.
This started as a thought experiment (I think about what flavors might go well together), and it turned out really well. It was quite delicious, if I do say so myself.
- As many asparagus stalks as you’d like
- 1-2 tbsp EVOO
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 2 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lay your asparagus out in a baking dish and preheat your oven to 400 (F)
- Mix together the oil, spices, and garlic. Drizzle over the asparagus. Toss for a bit to evenly coat.
- Cover your dish with foil and bake for 10 mins.
- After 10 mins, uncover and bake for 10 more.
- For the final touch, turn your broiler on high and broil for 1 minute.
This would pair excellently with a nice steak and some bean salad. Lots of flavors, lots of textures.
What are your favorite asparagus recipes? Do you have any favorite Italian influenced veggie recipes to share?