- 12-16 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (play with different kinds of chilis)
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 can diced tomatoes & chilis (I like to use tomatoes & jalapeños)
- 1/2 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp EVOO
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- Cut chicken into 1/2″ cubes.
- Combine cumin, chili powder, garlic salt, and paprika in a bag, setting aside 1 tsp for later.
- Add chicken to the bag and shake it like a Polaroid picture to coat
- In a large bowl, combine beans, tomatoes, and the seasoning you set aside and stir it up.
- In a skillet with heated oil, sauté the chicken and red onions until cooked.
- Add the tomato/bean mixture and cook together until heated through.
The menu I got this from says to eat celery and ranch on the side. If you’re not cheating when you eat this, try some celery and hummus or salsa. As you can see from the photo, it also pairs very nicely with roasted asparagus.
You can also play around with the spiciness of it. With jalapeños, it’s got a bit of a kick. You could also try chipotle peppers for a smokier flavor as well as several different kinds of chili pepper powders.
To get more great recipes like this turned into a weekly menu and shopping list, check out eMeals.
With their new Paleo plan, the only way you can’t lose weight by using them is if you don’t follow the plan they’ll give you. I completely recommend that one. Here’s a week’s sample.
Do you have any other great chicken recipes? Link us in the comments! I’d also love to know how you liked this recipe.