You can only cook chicken so many ways!
After a while I started to get tired of just a chicken breast with some beans and broccoli, so I’ve been thinking of different ways to prepare America’s favorite meat.
This recipe is so simple, and I think it’s flavor comes from its simplicity. Fresh herbs, a little white whine vinegar, and leafy greens make this both an attractive and tasty dish.
- 1/2 tbsp EVOO
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped loosely
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped (or chives)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 chicken breast, cubed
- splash white wine vinegar
- 1/2 c chopped leaf spinach or kale
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan and toss in rosemary, onion, and garlic. Saute for a bit, until the flavors are blended.
- Add your chicken cubes and cook until browned all around. The onions will begin to caramelize.
- Just before adding the greens, splash in the white wine vinegar to grab the flavor off the bottom of the pan.
- Add the greens, cover, and let steam until tender.
- Serve and enjoy!
Just a tip: Be careful with your vinegar. You don’t want it to be too strong, otherwise it will overpower the other flavors. You just want enough to grab some of the flavor that will be sticking to the pan.
Experiment with different greens, different herbs, different spices. Chicken is so great because you can do so much to it.
What’s your favorite way to prepare chicken?