Who else loves chili?
Over on the Facebook group, I asked for some chili recipes. Then somehow folks on Twitter started posting them. I spied a photo by @willadam and asked if he’d be willing to share the recipe. As you can see, he obliged!
Chili – the supermeal
The Mrs. and I are trying to make a chili at least every couple weeks. It’s easy, packed with amazing nutrition, and when you make it yourself you know exactly what goes in it. There are so many varieties, I doubt we’ll run out of them soon.
So here’s the recipe Will sent me. I’m certain you’ll like it a lot!
- 2 cans kidney beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can white beans
- 1 large can chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 - 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 red chilis
- 2-3 green chilis
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup water or bone broth
- salt/pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a pan, add the onion and garlic to the oil. Cook the onion till soft and then add the ground beef.
- After the meat has browned, add the seasonings and stir well. Then put it all into a crock pot.
- Add the water, beans, chili peppers, and tomatoes. Stir the ingredients, close up the crock pot, and let it cook on high for about 3 hours.
- If you aren't using a crock pot, just use a soup pan to do all the initial cooking, then add everything to it. When you add the liquid, turn the heat up to medium high until it starts to simmer. Then cover, reduce heat to medium, and let it simmer for about 20 minutes. Stir every few minutes to ensure nothing is burning.
Optional ingredient suggestions: hot sauce, Chipotle pepper paste, cilantro garnish on top
Would you enjoy a book of chili recipes?
I’d love to put together a book of chili recipes, and I’d love to feature yours in it! The plan is to make it available for free to everyone who follows the blog, and if I can I may even toss it up on Amazon for Kindle, but completely for free. It’d be completely awesome if we could all support each other with a great chili recipe!
If you have any chili recipes you’d like to contribute, let me know!