Today’s post comes to us from the UK!
Some of you may have stumbled across Ash from AshCooksSlowCarb.co.uk.
She is doing things different in this space. Not only does she post tasty recipes, she has a video to go along with each one! That’s something I’ve wanted to do but have always made excuses.
Plus, me being from the US, her accent is fantastic! 🙂
Here’s her take on pappardelle noodles using zucchini (which are apparently called courgette in the UK), done in a garlic sauce.
After the video I’ll have some links to things she’s mentioned in the video as well as some links to catch up with Ash around the web.
- 4 Courgettes (green zucchini)
- 100g Almonds - ground
- Handful of Parsley - chopped
- 2 tsp Garlic - chopped
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Using the vegetable spiraliser or peeler peel your courgettes
- Heat Olive Oil in a pan
- Mix the Almonds, Garlic and Parsley in a bowl
- Add Courgettes to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- (The recipe in The 4 Hour Body calls for the juice of half a lemon so you can add this to the dish at the end if you want to)
You’ll have seen a fancy spiralizer in the video. The one I recommend is the Paderno Spiral Vegetable Slicer. It’s got all the attachments she talks about (and might even be the one she’s using).
If you don’t have one of those, a regular vegetable peeler would work too.
If you liked the video, here’s what I’d like you to do:
- Subscribe to Ash Cooks Slow Carb in Youtube
- Like her Facebook page
- Follow her on Twitter
- And check out her blog!