If you like the recipes on this page, please share or tweet the them via the buttons on the left!
If you’ve come here looking for:
- a 4HB food list
- slow-carb recipes
- tips on slow-carb cooking
… then you’ve come to the right place!
For more recipes, check out these two recipe books for some awesome slow-carb recipes!
The FMF recipe list will keep growing, so check back every once in a while! If you subscribe to FMF you’ll get the new recipes to your RSS reader. If you follow FMF on Twitter, you’ll be alerted with new recipes. Subscribing by email gets new posts sent directly to your inbox.
The recipes are separated by their primary food group, but many of them have 2 or even all 3 4HB food groups. Go ahead…mix and match them!
- Chicken Korma with Mixed Vegetables
- Egg Foo Yung
- Garlic Broiled Salmon
- Indian Butter Chicken (minus the butter)
- Ña Ever’s Flippin’ Awesome Meat Loaf
- One Pot Asian Chicken
- Orange Chicken
- Paraguayan Milanesa (fried chicken breast)
- Portobello Mushrooms w/ Lemon Pepper Chicken, Beans, Spinach & Peppers
- Rosemary & Spinach Chicken
- Southwest Chicken & Beans
- The Perfect Turkey
- Turkey Meatball Curry
- Breakfast Burrito
- Eggs Benedict
- Ham and Kale Fritata
- the Perfect Scrambled Egg
- Spring Veggie Microwave Frittata
- Slow-Carbish Pumpkin Pancakes
- What You Should Be Eating on the Slow Carb Diet
- Slow-Carb Fast series on fast food the right way
- Intersections: Slow-Carb Recipe Resources Edition
I’m not the only one with good recipes. Here are some of the places I’ve found.
The Foodee Project
Slow Carb Cookbook
Foodily – recipe search
Slow Carb Diet Experiments
The 4HB Food List
- 1 or 2 eggs with egg whites
- chicken breast/thigh
- fish (tilapia, halibut, salmon)
- various kinds of bean (pinto, red, soy, black…)
- greens (spinach, chard, kale, collards)
- mixed vegetables
- cabbages (kimchi, saurkraut)
- cruciferous veggies (broccoli, cauliflower)
- green beans
- mushrooms (yes, I know, but it’s close enough)